Here’s how you can help – Workdays every second Saturday of the month
- Assist at our work days! — Plot holders are required to participate in community area upkeep, but other volunteers are welcome. We have ongoing maintenance, garden feature projects, and special areas that we work on at monthly scheduled work days.
- A donation of expertise & skills — We are open to projects, artwork and other ideas that the neighborhood feels would be an improvement to our neighborhood. Leave us a comment!
- Material contributions — See our online Wish List.
- Now that we are using/maintaining the garden space, we have to maintain the area surrounding the garden as well. Would you like to volunteer to mow the perimeter, or better yet organize a rotation of volunteers to keep our garden maintained?
- Become a financial sponsor — Help us raise money for new plots, a green house, opportunities for workshops, social gatherings, and many more ideas as we grow.
- How does this benefit our neighborhoods? In many ways!
- This tract of land sat unused and untended for year. This neglected space has now been transformed into an attractive community hub for gardeners (from seasoned to green, children to retirees.)
- Our vision is to create a thriving place to get to know your neighbors, learn about sustainability, and give back to the broader community.
- Community gardens are sparse in NW Austin and this adds one more unique quality to our neighborhoods.
- It opens the opportunity for those who want to garden but do not have the right space or have space available nearby.
Ready to make an impact? Make your pledge and donate to Adelphi Acre Community Garden now! Please use the comment box to describe how you would like to get involved or make an online donation through our fiscal sponsors the Sustainable Food Center of Austin. Don’t forget to select Adelphi Acre!
Watch the calendar for future meetings, updates, and site plan information!